Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"Off-beat Silence" ringing

I woke up the other day actually in the middle of a sentence. My brain was just in the middle of putting something together when I woke up, I spent the whole day thinking about it, and the phenomenon of my brain actually putting together sentences, thoughts and "constructed" ideas together, while I am asleep really blew my mind.  After reading the Surrealist Manifesto and currently reading John Locke's Abuse of Words I can't help but constantly link them, and wonder where my thoughts are originating.  While in the midst of trying to put these thoughts together I suffered from a very strong mental block, so I pondered on all I read and it all built up against the walls and they completely crumbled, and I came up with this idea. It appears we experience (at least from my own personal understanding) a level of distress, waking up.

"Off-beat silence..." Ringing.

woke up in a sentence
Half in a thought in a mind
Woke up to the offbeat silence distilling murking grinding
Jarred forced, out of place unknown out of rhythm
An imposing realm on mind senses a break
Catch-up to reason logic gravity earthly-being and of knowing
To the
I am I, eye in eye
Self within myself
When they woke up to the mid second of interference
both ceased to exist.

Split between transition/
transfusion,


12:55am
October 20/2010
A.Baron

Poem on a theory how one does not exist for few seconds before they awake, as both the dreaming mind and the conscious mind are both transititioning, neither is in full effect.  Both caught in the interference of reality, the transitioning to.  No self is awake, as we are made up of both our sleeping and waking selves.  However, when one wakes up, they are taken away from the dream they were just in, awoken in half a thought, breath, action, reaction, etc. in another world.  A strange, brief lapse in consciousness of any sort, be it consciousness or subconsciousness which we experience just about everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment